Pure Cotton Ajrakh Saree with attached blouse piece
- Saree dimensions: 5.6 m
- Height 47 inch
- Blouse piece length: 80cm
- Material : Cotton
- color : Denim Blue and Black
- Traditionally, Ajrakh is the name of a block printed cloth with deep crimson red and indigo blue background, bearing symmetrical patterns with interspersed unprinted sparkling white motifs. The cloth is made in a sixteen step process of washing, dyeing, printing, and drying, which requires a high level of skill and concentration in order to keep colors fast and even. The printing is done by hand with hand-carved wooden blocks. Several different blocks are used to give the characteristic repeated patterning. Unlike other processes of printing on cloth, where the color is applied directly to the cloth, in Ajrakh block printing, the fabric is first printed with a resist paste and then dyed. The entire process can take up to two weeks resulting in the creation of the beautiful eye-catching patterns of the Ajrakh. The sarees are hand block printed using Natural Dyes (Vegetable Dyes). Natural Dyes are environment-friendly, non-toxic and non-allergic.
- Contrast same color matched print the blouse piece that comes with this saree (The model is wearing a blouse from our in-house wardrobe)
- This is a genuine Hand crafted piece, unevenness in the selvedge and weave could be expected and colours may bleed only in 1-2 wash to remove extra color then the color to be intact .due to the traditional dyeing method employed
- Hand wash cold separately
- Pure Natural mud blocked processed ajrakh Saree
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.